"You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
Without you Dad, I wouldn't be
The person I am today;
You're building a strong foundation
No one can take away.
I'm growing up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kids."
A Day for Dad's....
I know what you're thinking, but no, I'm not going to say "I thought everyday was a day for Dad's. I thought about it, but changed my mind. Those that know me know I'm definitely not the ushy gushy affectionate type. But in honor of Father's Day, I thought moderate gushy would be appropriate.... so here it goes.
I truly think I couldn't have picked a better Daddy for my girls. He is the kind of Dad that will make sure his family is in church on Sunday, and that his girls know and share his love for God.
He is quick to laugh at jokes that sometimes aren't funny, give a hug just when it is needed, comfort during tears, provide instruction even when it isn't wanted or appreciated, discipline when it is required, motivation during tough days, and the first one to celebrate their victories.
He is the kind of Dad that will run himself ragged to coach all the girls sports teams.(He would tell you he wants them to learn from the best, and I suppose he would be right about that too.)
He is the kind of Dad that would wear a macaroni necklace that his daughter made in Sunday School into a crowded restuarant and not think a thing about it...
He is the kind of Dad that sends flowers and balloons to the girl's school on their birthday.
He is the kind of Dad that buys tickets each year to the Father Daughter Banquet and dances the night away.
He is the kind of Dad that shows up at school to take his daughters out to lunch...
These are just a few things. He does things everyday that make him a great dad. He doesn't know that these things are special. He rarely even mentions them- some I wouldn't even know about unless the girls mention it... And I think that is the point. He doesn't do the things he does to be recognized or looks for the appreciation of others. Just the fact that his daughters adore him is enough.
So, Bryson, if you are reading this (And I know that you will) thank you for all the things that you do. Thank you for the Daddy that you are. Thank you for the small things that are easy to take for granted. They are noticed.. They are appreciated. We love you!
Dear Daddy,
Thank you for all the things that you do for me. I think you are fun and sweet. Even though you tickle me and pop my toes, you are still the best dad ever. I love you, Riley (aka Pickle)
Dear Daddy,
Thank you for spending so much time with me. That means a lot to me. You are very nice to me when you are not popping my toes or tickling me like crazy. But other then those things, you are a great, fun, and awesome Dad. Love LuLu.


No comments:
Post a Comment