Thursday, June 10, 2010

Forever changed....



"Dear Tooth Fairy...
I have a little tooth in here
Which I barely lost today
And I will not even shed a tear
If you will kindly come my way!"



A lost tooth... the first lost tooth. That beautiful smile that makes a Momma's heart melt now has a big hole square in the middle. A smile forever changed. Yet another reminder that my "little girl" is turning into a big girl before my eyes.

This was a day of excitement for Riley. A long anticipated right of passage. Most of her friends have already recorded several visits from the tooth fairy. She was quick to go to bed that night.. excited to put the prize under her pillow and lay in wait for the fairy that leaves the cash. I pulled out the video camera to capture the special moment the next morning. It went something like this:

"Wake up and let me see that pretty smile!" The sleepiness immediately fades as she digs under her pillow for the treasure. She says "It's a $5!"
I go on to explain how the tooth fairy gives extra money for the first tooth, because it's soooo special. Her reply??? "If it was so special, she would have left a $20".

Yep, that's my Riley. Maybe the loss of the first tooth doesn't mean she is so grown up after all. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment