So, I was bragging on myself a little bit today that I had a blog. When asked for the address, I realized that I haven't actually posted anything on said blog since June of last year. Wow.
Things are pretty much the same here at the Waganer house. The girls insist on getting older (and taller), completely ignoring my insistence that they stop immediately. Landrie likes to point out (repeatedly)that she is almost as tall as I am now. She has become a little worried that little sis might pass her by though. There is a constant height struggle in the Wag house, and I'm pretty confident who the loser will be.
I'm sure I missed a lot of blog worthy stories over Summer, school starting, birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Valentine's Day. Not to mention the Blizard of 11. (And I only WISH I was talking about the Dairy Queen kind. Chocolate with Oreo is so much better then the yucky snow and ice we have seen this year.)
So, here are the cliff notes of the last 8 months:
School: Great! Riley has made great strides this year and has only been on yellow a handful of times. Well, that I know of anyway. :-) She is such a little smarty. I love it. 4th Grade has been great for Landrie. She loves Ms. Wiley and ended up in the same class as one of her besties. Who could ask for more then that in 4th grade?
Birthdays: Awesome! We had a joint party at the Monkey House and the kids had a blast. Came home with way too many toys, most of which are sitting on the shelves, long forgotten.
Thanksgiving/Christmas: Loved them. Love holidays. Love spending time with my family. LOVE the needed break from work. Did I mention the food? LOVE the food... Loved everything about them.
The start of this New Year found Bryson and I in Nawlin's. Things learned: You must walk everywhere in New Orleans. Even if you walk everywhere in NO, you will still gain 5 lbs from beignets and other delish food. You will see things on Bourben Street that should not be seen in daylight. Or darkness. Or ever. Things that would land you in the pokie in all other cities, can be performed in front of the NOPD and they don't bat an eye. Ohio State fans are jerks. And finally, even if you drive 10 hours, scream until you have no voice, and suffer a mild heart attack, the Hogs are still completely capable of losing the big game even with an awesome coach like Bobby Petrino. So much fun and so much heart break in one trip. Sigh.....
Another dog has joined the party since the last post. Sweet Rebel joined the family a few weeks ago. We thought she would be a well received play mate for Chaos, and hopefully distract him from his normal daily routine of finding things and destroying them. Unfortunately, I believe now he just has a help mate in destroying. Sigh.... 3 dogs. We seriously are insane.
Sooo... there is a brief recap. Next Post should be forth coming in 6-8 months.


No comments:
Post a Comment